Way to Go! You’ve made great decision to rescue a dog. Bringing a dog into your home is a big deal and we are here to guide you through this process. Be sure to ask yourself these important questions:
- Am I ready to commit time to training, walking and interacting with my new dog every single day?
- Do I have the money to buy the supplies needed and to provide medical care?
- Have I researched what dogs need and understand which breed would do best in my living situation?
To read through more important information CLICK HERE.
Together we will walk through the 5 Steps of Adoption. Let’s get your adoption howl going!
- Let’s get prepared to adopt by asking the right questions, get your home ready, and be sure you have the time to spend with your new dog.
- So we can learn about you and spend 5-10 minutes completing the Adoption Application (link below).
- Meet your Adoption Coach, talk about dogs, and let’s set up a virtual meet and greet.
- Yup you did! Now it’s time to sign the Adoption Contract and make the Adoption Donation.
- Your new forever friend is ready to go home. Help them adjust with patience, rules, and love.
Now, let’s get started!
We look forward to helping you adopt. You’ve completed your application and interviewed with a coach.
NOW, LET’S SEE SOME DOGS.
Labs and More has updated our adoption process to virtual meets when possible, which means you will meet your dogs via FaceTime. Home meets are conducted with social distancing, sanitizing and the wearing of masks. Please allow additiona time for our volunteers to process and schedule these meets.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US ALL STAY SAFE.
Sometimes plans may need to change due to the condition of the dog and the well being of the dogs. We will be sure to let you know if there is a change in plans. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The meeting with the dogs or puppies should be a fun time. Just be safe and enjoy getting to know your potential new best friend. This is when you can ask alot of your questions about the dog. Be sure to ask!
Once you meet the dog, you get to decide if this dog is right for you. Ask yourself if everything on your list for a new dog is covered and keep in mind your level of experience with dogs. Ensure you really know your potential new dogs’ needs & personality before adopting to properly assess if they are a good fit for you and your family.
Although we do our very best to assess the age, breed, temperament and energy level of each dog based on their time with us, it is not always accurate.
You found the one for you? Let’s take a minute to be sure.
- Did you and your dog have a bond?
- Does their size and energy match with you and your lifestyle?
- Have you considereed the needs of the dog? Is it a match?
It’s a Match!
Let’s get you and your dog on the road home.
We will review the Adoption Agreement and make sure you are willing to provide all that your dog will need. Regular Vet visits, good food, flea treatment, clean dog bed, daily walks, training and lots of good ole attention. Never can your dog sleep outside, you are adopting a family dog who will need to be with you in your home. Oh gosh, please, never give your dog away! The dog must come back to Labs and More if for any reason the adoption doesn’t go as planned.
Be sure to share with your tax advisor your adoption donation so you can get your tax deduction, one more benefit of adopting!
Yes I’m Yours…let’s get your new family photo to document this important moment.
Congratulations, you are now a proud new pup-parent – and we sincerely thank you for providing a home for a rescued dog!
It’s such a joyful moment! It is also bittersweet for our fosters & volunteers who have worked tirelessly to rescue these dogs and get them adopted to the right home. Please take a moment to thank your foster/volunteer for providing a loving home for your pup to start fresh in.
We love getting updates on our dogs – please keep us posted by tagging us on Instagram and Facebook.
#LABSANDMORE #LAM #LAMAlumni
Your adoption of our dogs is truly life for them. Please take good care of them!
ADOPT • RESCUE • DOG • SAN DIEGO